Wednesday 15 September 2010

Female and Forgetful

I reserved this book at the library four months ago, and finally it has arrived.  Did the previous loaner forget to return it?  That doesn’t bode well.  I’ve been meaning to whip my sieve brain into shape for years, and now that I have a book, well what better time?

I’m not wandering the moors in my nightie or anything…but I’m crap at remembering anything new and I have the focus of a puppy.

I have just read the introduction to the book and apparently this ’six-step program’ is for menopausal/senile women.  I am 32, but that’s not going to stop me from following it to the letter.  I can feel mind sharpening already.

Day One
8.00am – My husband just brought me a cup of coffee in bed, which I heroically resisted.  Last night I decided to give coffee up, but forgot to tell him.  I am sure it will be worth the sacrifice.  My brain will now function naturally instead of acting like a bag of gerbils (which it usually does if I have coffee and then try to concentrate on something).

8.30am – There is a lot of hormones talk in this book for menopausal women.

Noon - Returned from heroic trip to supermarket in which all required items were purchased without a list. Take that, coffee!

5.00pm – My husband returned home and was curious to know where the new food was.

5.05pm – Having retrieved the groceries from the car boot…throwing fresh cream scones in the bin and wondering whether to re-freeze all the vegetables.

10.00pm – Cup of coffee.

11.00pm – The mind sharpening will begin tomorrow I think.  I am going to complete the book’s many questionnaires and design my ‘Individual Brain-Boosting Program’. I have the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment