Wednesday 15 September 2010

A Million Questionnaires

Day 2
6.00pm – Time to take the book’s many questionnaires, to identify my needs and get cracking on this thing.
  1. Short-Term Memory Loss Self-Test – Questions include “Do you misplace your keys, pen, etc.?’ and ‘Do you forget appointments?’…I’m sure I’ve done these things at some point in the past, but I can’t remember a recent incident…ahhh, see the problem here?  All fine here according to test.
  2. Long-Term Memory Loss Sef-Test – “Do you momentarily forget how to turn on your computer?”  Thankfully no. ”Do you forget things that happened long ago in childhood?” Absolutely, my Dad keeps asking if I’ve had my memory wiped. “Do you forget things that people have told you in years past…?”  Yup.  Result: I have mild long-term memory loss.  But does everyone remember everything?
  3. Learning and Concentration Problems – resist urge to check my email… Oh crap, I answered yes to 6/8 of these, which means I have ’significant learning and concentration problems’My brain is in a very sorry state.  Vow to do this test again in 2 months and see if I improve.
But first…why is my brain so naughty?

Chronic Medical Conditions
  1. Poor Circulation - despite my addiction to using a hair drier to warm my feet before bed every night, no problem here.
  2. Allergies and Sensitivities – mmm just as I suspected, that wicked coffee must go.
  3. Low Blood Sugar - big old problem area here – very grumpy and unfocussed when I’m hungry.
  4. Depression – just mild.
  5. Stress Self-Test – fine.
  6. Poor Nutrition - all good here.
  7. Hormone Imbalance - issues here too, stupid contraceptive pill.
Euughhhhhhhhh.  Need cheering up.

Ahhh, that’s better.
I’m going to have a glass of wine before I do the ‘Lifestyle Factors’ section of tests and have to give it up forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment